Description

An Invitation to an Amazing Oaxacan Adventure

Monday, September 17, 2012

The Saints Live on in Oaxaca

         
A photo I took at (oh gosh where was it?  I need to take better notes) , I think in the storage room of the church at Santa Ana Zegache, last year.  I want to print it out and use it as a page for collage.  The calligraphy is great, the flowers are naively charming and she's wearing a crown.  There's so many ideas to run with here.
Oh plus flowers are floating all around her from her hand to her head.  This might be Santa Rosa of Lima, who I learned all about last trip to Oaxaca. Apparently she repelled pirate ships  by turning their cannon balls into rose petals.  Or something like that.  I take great liberties when translating from Spanish.

No comments:

Post a Comment