Description

An Invitation to an Amazing Oaxacan Adventure

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Ode to All Things Pink

I know this happens to everyone: something crosses your consciousness, maybe it's a song, or an idea, or an image and then you start seeing it everywhere, noticing it all around you.  Something you really never ever thought about much before.  Such it is with me and pink and big bright pink and Mexico.  Everywhere I turned. Hence my ode to some things pink -


 That color pink in that first room in the Tamayo Museum.  They say the maestro picked the colors for each room. If you're in Oaxaca don't miss this jewel box of a five room museum.


This santos in Santa Ana Zegache that always has her bright pink dress on.  Also she appears to be more papier mache than polychrome.  


 A pink waterlily makes its fleeting debut at Casa Colonial.


A baby's hat from the highlands of Guatemala seen at the textile museum.  Hashtag more shiny pink fabric and lace. Not my style, but what do I know?


Embroidered pink flower from Tehuantepec, the Isthmus of Oaxaca.  The Mexican people very much have a thing for wearing flowers on their clothes or in their hair. I do not even pretend to understand how deep it goes.




No comments:

Post a Comment