Description

An Invitation to an Amazing Oaxacan Adventure

Saturday, May 5, 2018

Our Latest Greatest Art Retreat



Just finished tour #7 with this group of awesome women.  That's me in the middle wearing black surrounded by a lots of smiling, white haired, margarita carrying, happy people many of whom are wearing a beautiful, handmade,huipile or mandile (apron) purchased on the trip. (And note the gorgeous brugmansia shrub we're standing in front of)  It's no exaggeration to say each trip keeps getting better and this one was no exception.  I've dabbled with this touring thing long enough to realize it's something I really enjoy and find it deeply satisfying to watch people learn to love Mexico in all her imperfect glory.  Which brings me to the big announcement which isn't exactly that I've sold all my possessions and am setting sail on a solo trip around the world to follow my bliss but it feels a little bit like that. After 25 years of running my flower shop and retail emporium in Eugene, I've sold the business and am heading off into the great beyond of organizing tours to Oaxaca.I have a zillion ideas and really want to do some specialized trips -  think birding, or a bartenders tour of all things drinkable, catholic churches and syncretic religions, ceramics and sustainability, anarchist green poetry, textiles, food & cooking, natural history, field sketching, and really whatever you can dream up, I can make happen for you if it involves Oaxaca.

No comments:

Post a Comment