Description

An Invitation to an Amazing Oaxacan Adventure

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

My Journaling Tour in March


Usually in Oaxaca, I'm so inspired and my journal drawings are on fire. I'm not sure exactly why that is but it has something to do with that amorphous thing they call energy. There is a kind of creative fire in the atmosphere.  



I am excited to be offering a tour next spring in which the focus will be on travel journaling - whether that means sketching, writing poetry or doing collage work or some combination. We'll explore journaling as a means of connecting with place and creating memory. I'll teach some basic bookmaking techniques, and we might try cyanotypes and marbling paper, but mostly our time will be focused on our own journals as we travel to noteworthy places throughout Oaxaca to sketch and write. Each participant will have a day to lead the group in journal prompts and we'll do critiques and sharing most days.  This is the tour I've always wanted to take and so I'm making it happen. For more info contact me directly at jewel.murphy@gmail.com






No comments:

Post a Comment