Description

An Invitation to an Amazing Oaxacan Adventure

Monday, June 10, 2019

Back in the Saddle

















I'm back to blogging and pretty excited.  I really have been using the blog as a placeholder to promote my tours and it seems every time I want to start  with some new content, there are technical difficulties galore including updates, apps, and endless trying to figure out how to post photos on a phone. Finally, not to be daunted by technology, I am here dear reader ready to post.

 I have actually done 3 tours since I last blogged in any way other than to promote the tours, which means I have some things to say. And there was an R &D trip to the Oaxacan Coast somewhere in there. Plus I'm going to start doing a little travel writing.  Hope you tune in from time to time.  I tend to blog in chunks so you can get several new posts at once. I'll cover everything from places of interest in Oaxaca, amazing artisans I have had the pleasure to meet, churches, textiles, fashion, food, culture natural history and social justice. An finally, a big shout out to all the amazing people who have shopped, dined, walked, drunk and danced their way through Oaxaca with me.  I have learned so much seeing the beautiful people and land through your eyes.

(Above is a pic of my haul from my latest trip in March - lots of carved wood and some other goodies too.  Can you tell which communities these pieces are from?)

No comments:

Post a Comment