Description

An Invitation to an Amazing Oaxacan Adventure

Monday, June 10, 2019

Keeping a Travel Journal




I always make handmade journals for everyone  on my tours.  This year I really made sure to carve out the time to work on mine.  Maybe while I was At a concert or waiting in a restaurant or just hanging out at the Casa, I kept my hands busy.  It's a good strategy for me.  And here's some things about journaling - 1) I'm not a particularly gifted sketch artist but I stick with it.  The more you do, the better you get. I promise for you too. It's inevitable.  2)  I have developed my style and a lot of it is about the materials I use. it's kind of child like. Draw with a black pen  Shade with a grey marker and add color later. But for you it might be water colors or big lettering and lots of writing or maybe you dig landscapes.  Find what materials  and themes you like and stick with it. (Are you sensing a theme yet?) 3) The sum is greater than the parts so that the more you do, the richer your book becomes.  
Not every page is going to be a 10 but if you keep going back and adding more to those weaker pages they will develop layers and interest too. 
And I'm committing myself to sa of public a little book of Oaxaca drawings so stay tuned.
And enjoy these samples from my March 2019 trip.











No comments:

Post a Comment