Description

An Invitation to an Amazing Oaxacan Adventure

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Visit to the Textile Museum



 One of my favorite museums in Oaxaca is the Museo de Textil - the only museum in Mexico devoted to textiles....it's everything I like in a museum: small , graspable, and focused.....I gained so much respect for the skill and tradition that goes into spinning, dyeing, weaving, and embroidery here in Oaxaca.  Really made me stop and think twice everytime I saw a women with her pile of embroidered shirts for sale in the zocalo.  Click here to see photos from a recent exhibit at the museo.  We will have a visit to the textile museum and take a guided tour of the collection.  The colors and the designs are sure to find their way into our journals.

No comments:

Post a Comment