Description

An Invitation to an Amazing Oaxacan Adventure

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Our Retreat Center


We will be staying at Casa Colonia  (oh she of the beautiful purple door), a second generation bed and breakfast just a short walk away from the hustle and bustle of the downtown Oaxaca City Zocalo.  We'll be close to all the action and yet safely nestled in our art and flower filled sanctuary.  Gracious and old world are words I think best describe the casa.



 The casa is filled and I do mean filled with great folk art (and fine art too) from all over Oaxaca like this great wall of masks.  The space and light will inspire us.


Plus there's a great library filled with books about Mexican culture and history as well as fiction. I had the pleasure of spending several weeks at the Casa and the library, also known as "la sala" was one of my favorite places. We'll have free run of the library and the gardens.

  In addition we'll gather each morning around a big table in the dining room for a delicious breakfast especially prepared for us.  Many a  wonderful conversation has been had over this table.

I don't think of the casa exactly as home away from home, I think of it more like I am going to visit my beloved and eccentric Aunt Jane. And there she is herself, Aunt Jane sporting a Mexican mohawk......Jane Robison (long time owner of the casa, tour guide, and all around fabulous hostess) and her manager Amado will be available for us should we need just about anything. The entire staff at the Casa could not be more gracious and charming.  I can't think of a better place for us to gather.  Click here to go to Casa Colonial's website and click here to find out what people have said about the Casa on trip advisor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment