Description

An Invitation to an Amazing Oaxacan Adventure

Monday, November 23, 2015

Getting away from it all



2015  was the year for a little break from organizing tours.  Jill is otherwise engaged and I was in need of  a personal healing retreat.  But I could not stay away from Oaxaca and so off I went to a very remote, very beautiful spot on the Oaxacan coast near Huatulco.  Two weeks of outdoor living, high on a cliff, sound of the waves crashing, tons of birdwatching, lots of drawing, and fantastic locavore eating - coconut water, blue corn tostadas, pigeon peas (some kind of tropical legume), amaranth leaves and passion fruit from the garden.  And then off for a road trip which took me through the cultural richness of the Mixteca Baja and to turtle beaches and star covered waters filled with flying fishes and phosphoresence . Can hardly wait to go back.  And so, my year of research and development at La Costa has left me dreaming of doing the next tour.  Planning for late September 2016.  Stay tuned.


And should you find yourself dreaming of your own tropical getaway, I cannot say enough good things 
Of the amazing place I stayed - Yiiimtii Ecoreserve. Click here to find out more about this amazing place.

No comments:

Post a Comment