Description

An Invitation to an Amazing Oaxacan Adventure

Friday, June 26, 2020

San Juan Murals

We drove by the town basketball courts in San Juan la Laguna, a sleepy tourist town on the western shores of Lake Aritlan in Guatemala. Like many small villages, they use prominent murals to tell the stories of the town. 


“ Would you like me to explain to you the history of the murals?”, he says with a glint in his eye. “Yes definitely, lets do that after lunch.”,I said knowing I wanted to be well fed so I could digest the story. They looked good and I couldn’t  wait to go back. 



Coffee is a big part of their community



The corn goddess//princess with her animal familiar the rabbit - I am loving these magical realism murals.



I’m not sure exactly what this one is about 


The young boy with the fish tells the story of how important  fishing is to the  village




No comments:

Post a Comment